Ahhh... the much-awaited PCI is finally over. It was a gruelling 3 hours - 1 hour for the walkthrough presentation and 2 hours for the actual inspection and noting of defects, re-work and un-done stuff. I had my army of inspectors - dad, mum, niece and myself. Hubby couldn't make it on the day itself but he had his own PCI version with the SS the previous day. The SS was jotting down every item that we wanted addressed before the final inspection and hand-over which is scheduled on Tuesday 28th June.
Major issues are as follows:
1. Replace one of the front entry door panels and re-paint both doors.
2. Re-paint part of the ceiling on the cinema room and garage where there has been a leak stain from the roof (leak has been fixed already but the re-painting was unsatisfactory)
3. Stain and paint the 2 posts in the balcony.
4. Clean and re-touch some parts of the rendering on the front porch, and balcony
5. Replace defective window glass for one of the bedrooms
6. Silicone sealing around the externals of the house
7. Grouting of wet areas
1. Replace dented door knob in the garage
2. Fix loose brick in the garage
3. Paint lintels in the garage and some windows
4. Missing wine rack and pantry door handles
5. Door stop for the powder room and cinema room
6. A few bricks on the side and rear of the house need cleaning
7. Paint touch-ups in some areas
8. A storm pipe to be uncovered which they accidentally buried when they spread tapsoil around the house
9. Replace light bulbs that aren't working
10. Fix loose toilet flusher in the powder room
11. Re-align wardrobe doors on bedroom 3 and 4
It was an exhausting exercise that I have totally forgotten to take photos of the house, LOL!